Swoop, recently commissioned a study on the shopping habits of consumers. Some of the interesting findings from the survey were:
- Women are twice as likely as men to make a list before they go shopping
- Women are 42% more likely to agree with the statement that “saving money on groceries is important to me”
- Shoppers are evenly split between brand loyalty and the desire to save money, with 53% agreeing that they would buy a different brand ifsavings were available.
- Only 11% of shoppers print out a coupon from the web on a weekly basis, and 75% have never electronically loaded a coupon to their frequent shopper card.
- Men and women are equally likely to go online to look for recipes with 52% of men going on line at least once a month, versus 54% of women. Women do go more frequently with 26% going online at least once a week versus only 12% of men.
By Nick AquinoMarketing Analyst, Swoop
Swoop would like to welcome our newest publishers to the Swoop family! Readers can now find hyper local sales and coupons for the ingredients they need on:
This is what Reeni from CinnamonSpiceandEverythingNice.com has to say about us:
“I love, love, love Swoop! It is such a great idea.”
It only takes 5 minutes to sign up and implement Swoop on your site! All you need to do is:
- Sign up at www.swoop.com/localoffers
- We will activate Swoop Local Offers and email you!
Sign up now and we will donate $100 on your behalf to Feeding America. This is our way of saying thank you by helping those in need.
Swoop Local Offers integrates seamlessly with your recipes to offer your readers local offers, coupons, and more for the ingredients that they need.
Swoop helps publishers:
- Drive deeper engagement with users through new content and interactivity
- Generate incremental revenue while improving user experience
- Increase session times, because users engage with Swoop content without leaving your site
Start offering your readers the sale information and coupons they need on ingredients in your recipes with Swoop Local Offers!
Browsing the web for new and exciting recipes? Looking for deals at your local grocery store? Trying to eat healthier with your family? There a number of great services you can access on your laptop, tablet, or mobile phone to make grocery shopping that much easier. Avoid endless hunting for deals, sloppy handwritten shopping lists, and unnecessary secondary searches with these innovative tools.
Ziplist allows you to easily create and manage your weekly shopping list online. You can add items to your list as you browse recipes on your favorite sites. Bring your shopping list with you everywhere with the Ziplist mobile app or print the list to bring with you to the store. You can even add to your shopping list on the go with the mobile app.
You know what you want to cook, now you need to find out which ingredients are on sale at your favorite stores. Don’t waste time searching the web for store flyers and coupons! Swoop Local Offers integrates with your favorite recipe sites to provide you with local offers, coupons, and more on ingredients you need at stores near you. No unnecessary secondary searches, find all of the information you need without ever leaving your favorite sites.
To eat healthy, you’ll need to frequently visit the produce section. Once you’re in the grocery store, staring at mounds of fruits and vegetables, how do you pick the best of the crop? Once you’re home, what is the best way to store them to keep them fresh? How should they be prepared? A new app from SparkPeople called Perfect Produce provides you with information on how to properly buy, store, and prepare a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. Access it while shopping our use it at home to make your meals healthier.
Fire up your laptop, tablet, and smart phone and access these great services now to start simplifying your grocery shopping!